Meal prep isn’t a trend, and it isn’t just for fitness fanatics. It is a way to make your lives easier. This meal prep starter pack guide will make getting started seem a lot less daunting and save you a lot of time. Having healthy food ready for when you need it. Meal prep is an easy way to ensure you eat the correct calories, macros. It also serves as a preventative measure to slipping up. All this just because you plan at least one day in advance.
There are a few different approaches to meal prep. You could have every single meal of the day meal prepped or you could make use meal preps to compliment your lifestyle. If you don’t enjoy having all your meals and days fully planned out, you can keep some in the fridge/freezer for the times they do come in handy. Saving you from having to quickly throw something together while still allowing you to eat out if you wanted to.
It’s the perfect way to stay on top of what you are eating. On top of that you will be saving a lot of money, time and effort!
Use these meal prep starter pack guidelines when you start doing it for yourself:
- Use high quality containers- The emphasis should be on using containers with an airtight seal. This will ensure the meal stays fresh for longer.
- Plan out meals/recipes- make sure you know what you will be making. How much you will make and ensuring you have all the ingredients to create the meals is essential. Sticking to recipes you know to start will save you a lot of stress. This also ensures that you will enjoy your meals in the week to come.
- Schedule your time- Make sure you allocate set time to meal prep. Having set times to prepare, cook and package your meals is vital. Often done on the Sunday for the week ahead.
- Keep it simple- It can become very time consuming. Don’t start creating different dishes for each day. This can be a little more boring but it will save you lots of time.
- Prepare balanced meals- It is easier to make healthy balanced meals for yourself when cooking in advance. You aren’t cooking with immediate cravings. However, make sure you get a healthy balance of macronutrients in each meal.
If you are going to make your own meal prep rather than buying the meals ready prepped, be sure to follow these simple guidelines. Your weeks will become a lot easier. On top of that it will be a lot easier to ensure results.
At the end of the day it comes down to how much you value your time and nutrition. Meal prep will enable to you be healthier very easily. Eating out often will probably result in unhealthier food as well as spending a lot more money. When it comes to your own meal prep evaluate how long it takes you. Then you can better see how much you value your time and how much you enjoy cooking. Whether you get bored of eating the same dishes. If it isn’t for you, we can always help.